Types of Personal Data We Collect.
Customer understand and agrees to the following; Land Academy collects the following Personal Data from all Registered Users who contact Land Academy seeking more information or create an account:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Any other information that you upload or submit to the Website directly or indirectly including credit card information.
In addition, Land Academy collects the following Personal Data from all Users:
- Your geolocation;
- Your IP address;
- Your browser and search engine information;
- Your device information;
- Your visitor history;
- Your usage of the Website, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
- Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense; and
Any other additional analytic data that you voluntarily submit to the Website.
Cookies & Similar Technologies.
The table below sets out how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies. Please understand that if you block, delete, or opt-out of cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Website.
|Type of Cookie||Description||Managing Settings|
|Required Cookies (Strictly Necessary)||Required – or strictly necessary – cookies enable you to navigate the Website and use its features.||Because required cookies are essential to operate the Website there is no option to opt out of these cookies.|
|Functional Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||Functional – or non-strictly necessary cookies – allow us to remember information you have entered or choices you make, and provide enhanced, more personal features.
We use Google Analytics to help us analyze how our Website is used, including the number of visitors, where the website visitors have come from, and the pages they visit. This information is used by us to improve our Website.
We use WordPress Core to track user sessions that allow Registered Users to log in and stay logged in.
We use Keap to determine whether or not a User is on our email list and which marketing message to display based upon emails received and pages visited on the Website, among other uses.
|To manage the use of functional cookies on the Website, please consult your individual browser settings for cookies. Note that opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Website.
You can also adjust your individual browser settings relating to cookies by visiting these pages:
For other browsers not listed, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
To learn more about safeguarding your data for websites using Google Analytics, visit here. To opt of our data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
You can opt out of Keap cookies and communications by selecting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any e-mail correspondences received.
|Targeting or Advertising Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||We use Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on or getting to the Website. Google Analytics specifically allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
We may also use Google AdWords as a tool to acquire relevant new clients who are looking for our service and Google AdSense to show our clients other relevant advertising that may assist them while they are using our site.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data.
The lawful basis for us processing your Personal Data for the uses described above will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; the processing is required for us to comply with legal obligations; and/or the processing is in our legitimate interest of providing you information about real estate investing and our other services.
How Land Academy Uses Your Personal Data.
We use your Personal Data based on your consent to provide you with the Website, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with the Website, communicate with you, and update you regarding changes to the Website and the Land Academy and third-party services offered through the Website.
By using the Website, you further authorize the following specific uses of your Personal Data:
- Enable your use of the Website and its associated services;
- Improve algorithms;
- Measure service usage;
- Develop new features;
- Contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message, and/or messages within the Website;
- Customize and/or tailor the Website and your user experience, which may include targeted selection and display of third party advertisements within the Website;
- Aggregate certain information that does not include your personal information and disclose it for analysis, demographic profiling and/or targeted advertising;
- Advertise products and services of Land Academy;
- Transmit and process your information and actions within the Website;
- Provide statistical information, and include you in the same, where applicable;
- Provide you with technical service and support, including updates;
- Provide you with information concerning Land Academy’s benefits or services;
- Store, archive, retrieve, and make copies of your user-generated content;
- Understand your needs and requests;
- Communicate promotions or other offers;
- Process payments;
- Combine your personal and personally identifiable information with information from other Land Academy applications and/or services; and
- Facilitate your use of the Website and upgrades/replacements to the Website.
Sharing of Your Personal Data.
Land Academy Shares Your Personal Data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where Land Academy has obtained your consent;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to provide you with the Website, and/or associated services (We may share your personal or personally identifiable information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Website, providing the associated services, and conducting our business);
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary pursuant to a campaign with Google, Facebook and/or Instagram;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to share personal or personally identifiable information with Land Academy’ parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners;
- Where Land Academy has been purchased by a third party;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities;
- Where your Personal Data is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or owners/shareholders of Land Academy;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
- Where Land Academy is otherwise legally obligated to share your personal or personally identifiable information.
Land Academy Shares Your Personal Data With the Following Third-Parties:
No Liability Third-Party Services and Third-Party Links.
The third-party service providers affiliated with Land Academy have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Data pursuant to the GDPR and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. You understand that even if Land Academy deletes your Personal Data that it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. Land Academy has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Data collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by Land Academy to provide you with the services associated with the Website.
Land Academy may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. Land Academy has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of the Website and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
Personal Data Transfer and Storage.
Your Personal Data is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and through your use of the Website, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Data and personally identifiable information. You understand that your Personal Data may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Data to us, please note that we transfer your Personal Data to the United States and process it here and that we may store portions of your Personal Data in the United States.
Website Users understand and agree that if they provide Land Academy with Personal Data that it is stored indefinitely unless the User contacts Land Academy to have their Personal Data removed from storage.
Personal Data Security.
Land Academy uses standard technology to store and help prevent against the unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Data. Though we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, no website, software, or online service is completely safe. Accordingly, you provide all such information at your own risk.
In order to protect your Personal Data, Land Academy uses specific security measures, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts information you input to at least 128-bit strength. This is denoted in most web browsers by a small padlock appearing on the bottom bar of the window and the address of the window changing from http:// to https://, indicating a secure connection.
Purchase or Sale of the Website or Other Assets.
How To Stop Land Academy from collecting your Personal Data.
You can stop Land Academy from collecting your Personal Data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that Land Academy stop collecting your Personal Data. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of the Website. You may contact Land Academy with any requests regarding your Personal Data. Land Academy also honors Do Not Track requests and signals.
When using the Website, you are obligated to inform Land Academy of any changes to your Personal Data.
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that Land Academy has shared your Personal Data within the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Data disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting Land Academy at the address below.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy.
The Website is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and Land Academy does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, Land Academy takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Website or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that Personal Data may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Land Academy, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from Land Academy’s database.
Contact and Notices.
8390 East Vía de Ventura
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
The BuWit Family of Companies: Code of Conduct for All
(Members, Investors, Internal Team, Vendors, Customers).
Based on the philosophy of “we are better together,” The BuWit Family of Companies strives to provide the best education, tools, and resources to aid investors’ efforts worldwide.
We choose to associate with individuals and partners who share our culture, values, and mindset. That includes ethical decisions using integrity, honesty, and forward-paying intentions.
At the BuWit Family of Companies we believe there is enough to go around and we are better together.
Respect and straightforward communication are at the center of our way of doing business. We strive for transparency and trust and expect our associates to perform accordingly.
The BuWit Family of Companies has created a unique and proven model for buying and selling undervalued property. By accepting our Code of Conduct and Terms and Conditions, you are agreeing you will not create an education program, podcast, eBook, online/print publication, or online community.
To avoid conflicts of interest, we reserve the right to immediately discontinue business and contact with individuals / entities for any reason, especially those who do not act in similar fashion, without refund, and may pursue legal action as is deemed appropriate.
Committed to our purpose, we meticulously select service providers and hire team members who uphold The BuWit Family of Companies standards. We expect and ask you to accept and implement the same spirit.